Allen+Batchelor is a growing organization that is looking to make a strategic long-term leadership role hire. A+B is located in the growing and stable Augusta, GA region. A+B has been in business for 25+ years and has established itself as the leading local provider of quality commercial construction services. Their growth and long-term trajectory provide excellent upward mobility and the exciting opportunity to be an instrumental team member during this period of growth. A+B has a great culture with low turnover and believes in hiring and empowering the best people. They are looking for someone to help further their mission which is to “Create a better quality of life for all stakeholders”. They provide their team members with challenging and rewarding opportunities and expect all team members to conduct themselves in accordance with the company’s core values.
T – The Golden Rule
E – Everyone does what they say they will do
A – Always act with urgency
M – Money matters to everyone
- Responsible for the successful delivery of all types of commercial construction projects ranging in size, complexity, and type.
- Provides overall direction, coordination, and functional authority for assigned projects.
- Some estimating and pre-construction services
- Responsible for leading and providing strategic direction for a diverse project team of construction professionals
- Serves as the projects primary point of contact
- Responsible for the overall contract management and performance
- Responsible for developing and maintaining excellent relationships with all team members (both internal and external to the organization)
- Responsible for ensuring projects are completed on or ahead of schedule, on or under budget, having met or exceeded quality goals, & performed injury-free
- Responsible for consistently achieving high customer satisfaction
- Responsible for project buyout, submittal process, invoice approvals, project billings, change management, schedule management, and project close-out.
- Responsible for subcontract management
- Responsible for working closely with the project superintendent(s) to achieve all project goals
- Responsible for project regulatory compliance
- Responds to off-duty priority or emergency situations
- Produce and present project update reports both internally and externally
- Assess risks and establish contingency plans
- Assist in developing and implementing company-wide initiatives
- Mentoring junior project managers and support staff
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management or related field (preferred)
- 10+ years of experience as a construction project manager (preferably in one or more of the following fields: healthcare, multi-family, religious, commercial office, retail, & government)
- Demonstrated ability to successfully deliver commercial construction projects which are on/ahead of schedule, on/under budget, and while meeting or exceeding client expectations.
- Demonstrated experience taking projects from pre-design through project close-out and warranty period.
- Estimating experience
- Experience with Design+Build, cost plus, and lump sum projects.
- Experience with both ground up and renovation projects.
- Strong communication skills (written & oral)
- Experience working with and leading cross functional teams
- Excellent customer service & people skills
- Detailed-oriented, relationship-builder, self-motivated, organized, planner, problem solver, team-mindset, dependable, works with sense of urgency, goal-driven, positive attitude, critical thinker, consensus builder, analytical
- Effective time manager
- Proven ability to perform under pressure
- Strong ethics and person of integrity
- Strong business acumen
- Effective conflict management skills
- Willingness to continually learn and improve
- Effectively manage conflicting priorities
- Strong math & accounting skills
- Strong computer skills (MS Suite, Scheduling Software, Project Management Software, PlanGrid, BlueBeam, Sage Timberline Estimating)
- OSHA 30 (preferred)
- Valid Drivers License with acceptable driving record
- Ability to pass drug screening and a background check
Compensation & Benefits:
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Bonus – Performance based bonuses
- Benefits – 401(k) with Company Match, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, Vehicle Allowance, Fuel Card, Cell Phone, Tablet
- Professional development opportunities
You can find out more about the company and the work they do at www.allenbatchelor.com.
We would welcome having conversations with those interested in learning more and talking about how you can make a difference at Allen+Batchelor Construction.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org