Senior Project Manager
Allen+Batchelor is a growing organization that is looking to make a strategic long-term leadership role hire. A+B is located in the growing and stable Augusta, GA region. A+B has been in business for 25+ years and has established itself as the leading local provider of quality commercial construction services. Their growth and long-term trajectory provide excellent upward mobility and the exciting opportunity to be an instrumental team member during this period of growth. A+B has a great culture with low turnover and believes in hiring and empowering the best people. They are looking for someone to help further their mission which is to “Create a better quality of life for all stakeholders”. They provide their team members with challenging and rewarding opportunities and expect all team members to conduct themselves in accordance with the company’s core values.
T – The Golden Rule
E – Everyone does what they say they will do
A – Always act with urgency
M – Money matters to everyone
- Responsible for the successful delivery of all types of commercial construction projects ranging in size, complexity, and type.
- Provides overall direction, coordination, and functional authority for assigned projects.
- Some estimating and pre-construction services
- Responsible for leading and providing strategic direction for a diverse project team of construction professionals
- Serves as the projects primary point of contact
- Responsible for the overall contract management and performance
- Responsible for developing and maintaining excellent relationships with all team members (both internal and external to the organization)
- Responsible for ensuring projects are completed on or ahead of schedule, on or under budget, having met or exceeded quality goals, & performed injury-free
- Responsible for consistently achieving high customer satisfaction
- Responsible for project buyout, submittal process, invoice approvals, project billings, change management, schedule management, and project close-out.
- Responsible for subcontract management
- Responsible for working closely with the project superintendent(s) to achieve all project goals
- Responsible for project regulatory compliance
- Responds to off-duty priority or emergency situations
- Produce and present project update reports both internally and externally
- Assess risks and establish contingency plans
- Assist in developing and implementing company-wide initiatives
- Mentoring junior project managers and support staff
- Bachelor's degree in construction management or related field (preferred)
- 10+ years of experience as a construction project manager (preferably in one or more of the following fields: healthcare, multi-family, religious, commercial office, retail, & government)
- Demonstrated ability to successfully deliver commercial construction projects which are on/ahead of schedule, on/under budget, and while meeting or exceeding client expectations.
- Demonstrated experience taking projects from pre-design through project close-out and warranty period.
- Estimating experience
- Experience with Design+Build, cost plus, and lump sum projects.
- Experience with both ground up and renovation projects.
- Strong communication skills (written & oral)
- Experience working with and leading cross functional teams
- Excellent customer service & people skills
- Detailed-oriented, relationship-builder, self-motivated, organized, planner, problem solver, team-mindset, dependable, works with sense of urgency, goal-driven, positive attitude, critical thinker, consensus builder, analytical
- Effective time manager
- Proven ability to perform under pressure
- Strong ethics and person of integrity
- Strong business acumen
- Effective conflict management skills
- Willingness to continually learn and improve
- Effectively manage conflicting priorities
- Strong math & accounting skills
- Strong computer skills (MS Suite, Scheduling Software, Project Management Software, PlanGrid, BlueBeam, Sage Timberline Estimating)
- OSHA 30 (preferred)
- Valid Drivers License with acceptable driving record
- Ability to pass drug screening and a background check
Compensation & Benefits:
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Bonus – Performance based bonuses
- Benefits – 401(k) with Company Match, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, Vehicle Allowance, Fuel Card, Cell Phone, Tablet
- Professional development opportunities
You can find out more about the company and the work they do at www.allenbatchelor.com.
Fletcher Dickert (706.868.6534 x16 or firstname.lastname@example.org) would welcome having conversations with those interested in learning more and talking about how you can make a difference at Allen+Batchelor Construction.
Project Superintendent Job Overview
Candidate will be responsible for the production aspects of the work and are accountable for: producing quality work that is constructed consistently with the standards set forth in the project’s contract documents, for performing the work in a timely and cost effective manner, and for maintaining a work environment that is safe, clean and orderly. The primary focus of A+B’s Superintendent is to provide the managerial and leadership skills necessary to accomplish the work by means of subcontractors as well as manage the day-to-day issues of a small self-performed workforce. Safety on the job site is essential. The Superintendent will be responsible for making sure all safety guidelines are followed, safety checks are completed as required and safety meetings are held regularly in order to maintain a safe work environment. Our Superintendents are the forward face of A+B and are responsible for establishing a professional work environment, fostering a positive atmosphere, promoting proactive and effective communication, facilitating problem solving, and for minimizing and resolving conflict in a constructive manner. The candidate must convey exemplary communication abilities, particularly with regards to interacting with highly educated customers. Customer satisfaction is of the utmost importance.
- Ability to build effective teams, to inspire others, and to coach and mentor others
- Aggressive, but fair and reasonable in all business dealings involving clients, subcontractors and co-workers (understands win-win contracting)
- Effective communicator, active-listener, recognizes diverse perspectives and is capable of facilitating synergy and collaboration
- Has the ability to confront and manage difficult situations to a successful conclusion
- Is polite, conversational, self-confident, with an amiable disposition
- Must be organized with the ability to produce a paper trail that can be easily understood by a third party
- Embraces life-long learning, strives to stay current with new industry trends and practices and willingly participates in industry events and networking functions
- Ability to effectively use jobsite technologies such as smart phone, tablets, laptop, etc.
Employment Type: Full-Time (Salary w/Benefits)
Experience: Minimum 5 years as a Project Superintendent (Commercial Construction)
Manages Others: Yes
Required Travel: Limited
Carpenter Job Overview
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Follow the AB “TEAM" core values, commitment to our culture
- Be able to perform multiple tasks with precision
- Maintain a humble attitude of continuous learning
- Provide personal reliable transportation
- Provide tools of the trade.
- Career Oriented opportunity
- Minimum of five years of construction experience (commercial construction preferred)
- Experience at working with trade partners (plumbing, electrical, HVAC, carpentry, masonry, steel, cabinetry, roofing, siding, and finish trades)
- Experience managing and working with other workers
- Understanding of construction techniques and multi-crafted skill set.
- Advanced carpentry, framing and trim, formwork, setting doors/windows, installing door hardware and speciality items, drywall, & painting
- Exceptional customer relations skills
- Ability to communicate well
- Effective time management skills
- Ability to read plans
Who do you report to: Superintendent and Project Manager
This position will collaborate with all departments in a team spirit with the primary goal of fulfilling the Allen+Batchelor core values, Mission and Vision.
Our business atmosphere is teamwork.
Working for Allen+Batchelor is a chance to join a team of individuals who care about quality, integrity, value and each other. So often, companies forget their roots. They forget what it is to pay attention to the details, the quality workmanship and the people who help them grow and flourish. Working for deVane and John is special because they remember. They remember to show their employees their appreciation. They remember to stay in communication with their Superintendents. They remember to make themselves available to their staff, at all levels, even when they are inundated with estimating new projects, participating in community fundraisers or on the road between meetings at project sites or with potential clients. John and deVane remember that the culture of A+B starts with them. In order to be successful as a company, one has to remember that those you employ are the face of your company. Happy employees tend to smile and a smile is contagious. Smiles start with our employees, trickle over to our subcontractors and vendors and make their way to our clients. Enjoying where you work and what you do and being appreciated creates a positive atmosphere for everyone.