Project Superintendent Job Overview
Candidate will be responsible for the production aspects of the work and are accountable for: producing quality work that is constructed consistently with the standards set forth in the project’s contract documents, for performing the work in a timely and cost effective manner, and for maintaining a work environment that is safe, clean and orderly. The primary focus of A+B’s Superintendent is to provide the managerial and leadership skills necessary to accomplish the work by means of subcontractors as well as manage the day-to-day issues of a small self-performed workforce. Safety on the job site is essential. The Superintendent will be responsible for making sure all safety guidelines are followed, safety checks are completed as required and safety meetings are held regularly in order to maintain a safe work environment. Our Superintendents are the forward face of A+B and are responsible for establishing a professional work environment, fostering a positive atmosphere, promoting proactive and effective communication, facilitating problem solving, and for minimizing and resolving conflict in a constructive manner. The candidate must convey exemplary communication abilities, particularly with regards to interacting with highly educated customers. Customer satisfaction is of the utmost importance.
- Ability to build effective teams, to inspire others, and to coach and mentor others
- Aggressive, but fair and reasonable in all business dealings involving clients, subcontractors and co-workers (understands win-win contracting)
- Effective communicator, active-listener, recognizes diverse perspectives and is capable of facilitating synergy and collaboration
- Has the ability to confront and manage difficult situations to a successful conclusion
- Is polite, conversational, self-confident, with an amiable disposition
- Must be organized with the ability to produce a paper trail that can be easily understood by a third party
- Embraces life-long learning, strives to stay current with new industry trends and practices and willingly participates in industry events and networking functions
- Ability to effectively use jobsite technologies such as smart phone, tablets, laptop, etc.
Employment Type: Full-Time (Salary w/Benefits)
Experience: Minimum 5 years as a Project Superintendent (Commercial Construction)
Manages Others: Yes
Required Travel: Limited
Carpenter Job Overview
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Follow the AB “TEAM" core values, commitment to our culture
- Be able to perform multiple tasks with precision
- Maintain a humble attitude of continuous learning
- Provide personal reliable transportation
- Provide tools of the trade.
- Career Oriented opportunity
- Minimum of five years of construction experience (commercial construction preferred)
- Experience at working with trade partners (plumbing, electrical, HVAC, carpentry, masonry, steel, cabinetry, roofing, siding, and finish trades)
- Experience managing and working with other workers
- Understanding of construction techniques and multi-crafted skill set.
- Advanced carpentry, framing and trim, formwork, setting doors/windows, installing door hardware and speciality items, drywall, & painting
- Exceptional customer relations skills
- Ability to communicate well
- Effective time management skills
- Ability to read plans
Who do you report to: Superintendent and Project Manager
This position will collaborate with all departments in a team spirit with the primary goal of fulfilling the Allen+Batchelor core values, Mission and Vision.
Our business atmosphere is teamwork.
Working for Allen+Batchelor is a chance to join a team of individuals who care about quality, integrity, value and each other. So often, companies forget their roots. They forget what it is to pay attention to the details, the quality workmanship and the people who help them grow and flourish. Working for deVane and John is special because they remember. They remember to show their employees their appreciation. They remember to stay in communication with their Superintendents. They remember to make themselves available to their staff, at all levels, even when they are inundated with estimating new projects, participating in community fundraisers or on the road between meetings at project sites or with potential clients. John and deVane remember that the culture of A+B starts with them. In order to be successful as a company, one has to remember that those you employ are the face of your company. Happy employees tend to smile and a smile is contagious. Smiles start with our employees, trickle over to our subcontractors and vendors and make their way to our clients. Enjoying where you work and what you do and being appreciated creates a positive atmosphere for everyone.