Allen-Batchelor Construction, Co.
Building more than just beautiful buildings
Project Superintendent Job Overview
Candidate will be responsible for the production aspects of the work and are accountable for: producing quality work that is constructed consistently with the standards set forth in the project’s contract documents, for performing the work in a timely and cost effective manner, and for maintaining a work environment that is safe, clean and orderly. The primary focus of A+B’s Superintendent is to provide the managerial and leadership skills necessary to accomplish the work by means of subcontractors as well as manage the day-to-day issues of a small self-performed workforce. Safety on the job site is essential. The Superintendent will be responsible for making sure all safety guidelines are followed, safety checks are completed as required and safety meetings are held regularly in order to maintain a safe work environment. Our Superintendents are the forward face of A+B and are responsible for establishing a professional work environment, fostering a positive atmosphere, promoting proactive and effective communication, facilitating problem solving, and for minimizing and resolving conflict in a constructive manner. The candidate must convey exemplary communication abilities, particularly with regards to interacting with highly educated customers. Customer satisfaction is of the utmost importance.
- Ability to build effective teams, to inspire others, and to coach and mentor others
- Aggressive, but fair and reasonable in all business dealings involving clients, subcontractors and co-workers (understands win-win contracting)
- Effective communicator, active-listener, recognizes diverse perspectives and is capable of facilitating synergy and collaboration
- Has the ability to confront and manage difficult situations to a successful conclusion
- Is polite, conversational, self-confident, with an amiable disposition
- Must be organized with the ability to produce a paper trail that can be easily understood by a third party
- Embraces life-long learning, strives to stay current with new industry trends and practices and willingly participates in industry events and networking functions
- Ability to effectively use jobsite technologies such as smart phone, tablets, laptop, etc.
Employment Type Full-Time (Salary w/Benefits)
Job Type Mid-Level Management
Experience Minimum 5 years as a Project Superintendent (Commercial Construction)
Manages Others Yes
Required Travel Limited
- Employment Type
- Project Superintendent
- Manages Others
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org